Mr. Maybury presents an idea-based explanation of the Second World War. He focuses on events in the Second World War and how our misunderstanding of this war led to America s subsequent wars, including the Korean and Vietnam Wars, the Iraq-Kuwait War, and the "war on terrorism" that began September 11, 2001.
To improve the student's learning experience, also purchase the student study guide for "World War II" titled "A Bluestocking Guide: World War II" also available through Amazon.
Can be used for courses in World History, U.S. History, International Relations, Economics, Business, Finance, and Government.
This is part two of a two-part series on the world wars. For part one, check out "World War I: The Rest of the Story and How It Affects You Today" also available through Amazon.
Table of Contents for "World War II"
Cast of Characters
Part One: Who Were The Good Guys?
1. The Main Theater of the War
2. Good Guys Against Bad Guys
3. Not Six Million
4. World War II Was Nothing New
6. Britain Was A White Hat?
7. British Conquests
8. P.T. Barnum Knew
9. British Area Bombing
10. Two Questions
Part Two: First Rumblings
11. When Did The War Begin?
12. Appeasement and Comparative Brutality
13. Carving Up Central Europe
Part Three: The U.S. Enters the War
14. The French versus the French
15. Significance of the Higgins Boat
16. Only Genghis Khan Did It
17. The Solution
18. Events Leading to Pearl Harbor
19. Hiding Facts about the Brawl
20. The Great World War II Myth
FDR's Pearl Harbor Speech
21. A Secret Agreement
22. Why Did The Japanese Attack?
23. Pearl Harbor: FDR's Deceit
24. The Flying Tigers and B-17 Bombers
25. "Caught With Their Pants Down"
26. Planes Parked Too Close Together
27. The Prokofiev Seamount
28. The Necessary Sacrifice?
29. You've Seen The Photos
Part Four: The Economics of the War
30. The Myth of German Might
31. Focus On The Eastern Front
32. Of Photographs and Weather
33. German Production of Weapons
34. Germany's Unknown Second Army
35. Tank Treads, Trucks and Submarines
36. Germany's Wonder Weapons
37. Oil and Rifles
38. Americans Were Less Intelligent?
39. The Bookings Revelation
40. Russia Invaded by Keystone Kops
41. Omaha Beach, Bravery versus Heroism
Part Five: The USG Makes It Worse
42. The German Underground
43. Unconditional Surrender
44. Why Did Roosevelt Do It?
45. Rarely Questioned
46. Why Was Nagasaki Bombed?
47. 105 Aircraft Carriers
48. Surrender Near
49. Fierce Fighters
50. The Russians React
51. The Soviet Uprising
Part Six: Effect On Us Today
52. Arm Any Gangster
53. September 11th and the Destruction of the World Trade Center
56. Policeman of the World
Part Seven: Final Thoughts About War
58. The Needless Deaths of 35 Million
59. The Normal Conditions of Humans
60. The Cause of War
61. Minor League to Emperor of the World
Bibliography and Suggested Reading
About Richard J. Maybury
Index of Maps
Map of Europe
British and Russian Empire
Expansion of the Russian Empirev Conquered by European Regimes
Washington's Pacific Bases in 1940
San Diego, Pearl Harbor, Japan
Japan, Bungo Strait
Rebel-held Territories during WWII
Axis versus Allies
Book year: 2003
Book pages: 349
Book language: en
File size: 23.99 MB
File type: pdf
Published: 13 August 2018 - 21:00