Features and Benefits:
- Two volumes containing over 280 signed entries provide users with the most authoritative and thorough reference resources available on management theory, both in terms of breadth and depth of coverage.
- Standardized presentation format, organized into categories based on validity and importance, structures entries so that readers can assess the fundamentals, evolution, and impact of theories.
- To ease navigation between and among related entries, a Reader’s Guide groups entries thematically and each entry is followed by Cross-References.
- In the electronic version, the Reader’s Guide combines with the Cross-References and a detailed Index to provide robust search-and-browse capabilities.
- An appendix with a Chronology of Management Theory allows readers to easily chart directions and trends in thought and theory from early times to the present.
- An appendix with Central Management Insights allows readers to easily understand, compare, and apply major theoretical messages of the field.
- Suggestions for Further Reading at the end of each entry guide readers to sources for more detailed research and discussion.
Key themes include:
- Nature of Management
- Managing People, Personality, and Perception
- Managing Motivation
- Managing Interactions
- Managing Groups
- Managing Organizations
- Managing Environments
- Strategic Management
- Human Resources Management
- International Management and Diversity
- Managerial Decision Making, Ethics, and Creativity
- Management Education, Research, and Consulting
- Management of Operations, Quality, and Information Systems
- Management of Entrepreneurship
- Management of Learning and Change
- Management of Technology and Innovation
- Management and Leadership
- Management and Social / Environmental Issues
- PLUS: Appendix of Chronology of Management Theory
- PLUS: Appendix of Central Management Insights
28 May 2021 - 18:00