Authors Mike Keith, Merrick Schincariol and Massimo Nardone take a hands-on approach, based on their wealth of experience and expertise, by giving examples to illustrate each concept of the API and showing how it is used in practice. The examples use a common model from an overarching sample application, giving you a context from which to start and helping you to understand the examples within an already familiar domain.
After completing Pro JPA 2 in Java EE 8, you will have a full understanding of JPA and be able to successfully code applications using its annotations and APIs. The book also serves as an excellent reference guide.
What You Will Learn
- Use the JPA in the context of enterprise applications
- Work with object relational mappings (ORMs), collection mappings and more
- Build complex enterprise Java applications that persist data long after the process terminates
- Connect to and persist data with a variety of databases, file formats, and more
- Use queries, including the Java Persistence Query Language (JPQL)
- Carry out advanced ORM, queries and XML mappings
- Package, deploy and test your Java persistence-enabled enterprise applications
Who This Book Is For
Experienced Java programmers and developers with at least some prior experience with J2EE or Java EE platform APIs.
20 March 2019 - 17:51
- Mike Keith
- Massimo Nardone
- Merrick Schincariol